Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grrr...

I'm just frustrated....Ha!
Don't get me wrong, I love my PCP...But I just don't understand why I must see Him EVERY time I need a referral to go somewhere. Politics. Why, so he can get yet another 15 bucks out of me. I am simply trying to get in with a spine surgeon because after 12 years on on and off lower back pain / sciatica for my "degenerative disk disease" I have now had an episode last for 6+ weeks with no relief, clearly it is not going away this time and needs some intervention. During the last 12 years I have had flair ups that at their worst would last about 2 maybe 3 weeks but never ever this long. I have indeed seen my doctor for this problem, and being only my PCP there is not much he can do other than heres some Pain meds ( no thanks I have plenty.....and or some muscle relaxers...Those are almost something harder to take, I need to relax yes I agree but If I relax too much...dun dun something else might come out! hahahahah ). So here we go I found a Spine Surgeon, one that actually accepts my insurance, at a hospital that I like, and of course there is a stipulation...I have to have a recent MRI to even schedule. But of course I cant just go get one, I have to have a referral to get one...can I just call my doc and get a referral..no...I have to get up early tomorrow morning and go see the fellow and chat with him about my buttback hurting and then have him hand me the magical form of MRI goodness. Phew. To add to all of this I'm also trying to get a second opinion on my subluxing hips because I just cant stand them anymore....they are painful, the left more than the right, and the left side is where the back pain is as well. They are two distinct pains so I know its just not one in the same. To get into this doctor he has to review everything from my last hip guy and see if he will accept me. Funny thing is they usually refer many of their patients to the last guy that I saw!! I left a pleading message on the guys voicemail about Ehlers-Danlos and that I hope he will be willing to work with me at finding a solution to this complex problem. Cross your fingers for me. Grr. Well at least my new Sacro-Iliac belt is on the way and will hopefully provide some relief....sheesh you would think that the doc writing me a script for a frickin new brace less than a month ago he would just write the darn MRI referral but noooo......grr again.

Mommy Zebra / Gumby

No comments:

Post a Comment