Friday, August 21, 2009

One step forward, two steps back... Or two Forward and One Back...

I think that's Murphy's law right?? I was so excited, I had all these Dr. appointment lined up and all set to go. I just should have known something was too perfect.

First the appointment with the social security doctor seemed to go alright. He was a nice man and didn't pull or prod on anything as I was scared of, was very gentle and seemed very educated on my situation. Of course he is not the one making the determination and I know I still have Weeks, to months of waiting for an answer.

Pokey had a Dr. Appointment as well, just a check up, he is starting school in two weeks so I needed to make sure his immunizations were all up to date, thankgoodness they were so he avoided any shots. Hes now 43 inches tall and 40.5 lbs. We addressed the problems hes having with his hands/fingers and both agreed that we will wait on any sort of ring splints for now and should just work with OT and his teacher about these issues. His ankles are another story, they are just so loose and he falls so much. Even on the way to the doctor he was simple getting out of the car and just stepped down on his ankle sideways and came crashing down onto his knee and was left with a gaping wound on the knee. After his doc wiggled his ankles around he agreed that they need PT and possibly bracing as well and are sending us to Children's Hospital to get started to the PT and go from there. We just have to wait for the referral to go through. Pokeys Dad and I were both relieved as its tough every time your kid runs or walks fast for that matter having to say...."be careful please"...then 8 out of ten times you watch him fall or roll his ankles anyway! He gets frustrated and is always saying "my darn ankle always tries to roll under!" and we just tell him he has to pay attention because his ankles will do that easier than other peoples.

My visit to the New Hip Dr was successful, he at least offered to help me, something the last guy did not even attempt to do. He labeled my hip problems as Internal and External Snapping Hip ( Internal: the iliopsoas tendon snapping over the iliopectineal eminence or femoral head (with or without an enlarged iliopsoas bursa), The underlying abnormality may relate to the size of the iliopectineal eminence or the position of the lesser trochanter // External: caused by subluxation of the iliotibial band over the greater trochanter of the femur ) So in the end he wants me to go through a rigorous bought of PT then if that does not work he did offer injections for the pain, surgery to release the "bands" can be done but I am personally against any surgery as they have not been successful in the past so why bother, I just want to be out of pain.

The Spine Surgeon was a disaster! I originally has an appointment on 9/8. I called back and agreed to drive all the way to Edmonds because I could just not bear to go that long in this much pain. My PCP has already reviewed my MRI with me and he is positive that in the least a nerve block has to be done if not more so needless to say I was so close to tears when I got up to her "office" just to find out she has not been there in over 6 months! I wanted to break down, but I had Pokey and two of the girls with me so that was just not an option. All the office manager could tell me was that, it was their fault, they gave their new scheduler the wrong information. That was no comfort to me. Now I'm back to 9/8, if I make it that long. I tell ya this back pain is literally making me angry at times it makes me irritable and just mad. I just want it fixed or numb or what ever, I just want it to go away. Ive got some major things going on down there: "Multiple Schmorl's Nodes within the lower thoratic spine, Bulging of the disc at L5-S1 with associated mild degenerative disc disease and small right paracentral focal bulge...Small annular tear. Bulging of the L4-L5 dics diffusely and L2-L3 asymmetrically to the right, and rightward curvature of the lowar lumbar spine." Woo Hoo... September 8th please come sooner than later! Haha!

On another completely different note....We have worms! Lots of Worms. Pokey has a Earthworm nursery, and after thinking that we had received bunk earthworm cocoons (only one hatched in 1 month) we have about 9 baby worms that we just transferred into the "soil room". They are now resting comfortable in their soil and have been fed....Why couldn't my child just have had an ant farm, I imagine those are much cleaner. =)

I'm praying for Eithene, Jonah, Noah, The Olives, Melissa, Grandma Julie, Patience, Strength, Determination.

I'm Hopeful for The weekend, for my claim, my hips, Pokey, costume shopping (!)

I'm Thankful for Pokey, for family, for a good cup of coffee, coupons, time, my PCP, every day.

Mommy Zebra / Gumby

No comments:

Post a Comment