Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You have been dismissed

Sp Pt gave up on me today. I say gave up because I call it just that. Don't get me wrong we all tried. Don't get me wrong I get frustrated, Its painful and feels like torture but I endure it with the hope that someday I will have "more stability" and pain control. Its not happening. I know this and they know this. I don't know if the events of Monday just hastened their decision or what but they just calmly told me today that things are not improving, I am not gaining any strength, there is not improvement in the clicking in my hips, no improvement in my pain and nothing more they can do.....so...they suggested targeted one on one hydrotherapy. Humm. Okay so here's the deal, I'm looking for pain control, errr pain.....ease up ed ness.....I guess thats what I'm trying to say. My PCP told me straight out last time I saw him that he thinks some of my issues are just EDS issues and are never going to be resolved and that unfortunately some doctors are just to timid to tell you that flat out, and so now we have to work on pain control. So it was my hope this PT would help. It didnt. So I will follow up with the hip doc and see what type of shots he can offer in the area and go from there, surgery is not an option so at least I know.... though frustrated at times, I tried my hardest at PT and will do the same with the water therapy as well. As far as my sacroiliac joint and disc tear issue, my Meylogram is on Friday and again its another go from there issue. That one is a bit more pressing for me as it is higher up on the pain scale but they both just cause so much anguish I wish I could go bury it in the backyard...the pain that is.

On a Happy note I get my home TENS unit tomorrow...YIPPEEE! I cant tell you how excited I am to have one! If only I could wear one of those 24-7. I also start massage therapy tomorrow, so we shall see how that goes.

Next week I will add another kiddo to the mix. Along with Pokey and the Chicklets, I will be watching another little girl after school as well as on non-school days, shes adorable and just moved up from Texas. Lord knows I need the extra money so Pokey and I are excited to be having her join us. Kinda funny, I never thought I would be a stay at home mom watching 5 kiddos! Thank goodness they are all capable of doing things on their own and have very understanding parents! =) (Thanks Grandma C!...we have had some interesting stories!) Pokeys Dad and I will be swapping vehicles too, so I will be using the truck and he will be saving gas...I only drive about 1 mile a week(not counting pt..then I add about 5)!! Yeah the school is 2 blocks away but walking that anymore is like asking me to ice skate blind through a mine field....Any way we are happy to have Miss M along.

No comments:

Post a Comment