Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kidney stones and such fun!!

Well...last week was a hoot!...I managed to get my 4th bout of kidney stones since April...! Not sure what the deal is with those!....Let me tell you they are painful. When just about every joint in your body dislocates you think you have a high pain tolerance...nope, these little teeny tiny calcium oxalate stones, bring me to a tightly rolled fetal position on the floor writhing in the most pain I can imagine...and it comes in waves...like LABOR....yikes! grr.

Speaking of Labor....My little Pokey turns 5 tomorrow. Wow. I cant even begin to imagine it has been 5 years since I had a Dr. appointment and my blood pressure was too high, not to mention someone was already 4 days past his due date....So we checked into the hospital and they began to induce me. 5 Years ago today I began my journey bringing my son into this world and 5 years ago today he began to change my life forever.

Grandma Julie started her chemo last week, her medication cost over $8,000.00 and by being double covered with her and Grandpa Davids insurance she only had to pay her 15.00 copay! She was doing very well but managed to come down with pneumonia and was back at the hospital for resp. distress and pain.

Due to the Kidney Stones I missed the Light the Night Walk for my Friend Melissa, they raised a good amount of money and had a good time. Shes still having some issues with her breathing and they upped her prednisone again. For anyone who has ever been on that stuff you know how icky it is, so here's hoping she gets better soon, especially with flu season coming.

Pokey had his first fall at school, he tried running on the track and rolled his ankle then of course bit it and scraped his hand up pretty good. Luckily our neighbor boy saw him fall (hes in 2nd grade) and took him to the nurse. he let her clean him his wounds but he wouldn't let her touch his ring and pinky finger. He told her they bent back and he just wanted ice. She called me and told me he had been there for about 20 minutes but school was almost out so I told her to just have him wait there. He was guarding his hand and would not let me touch his fingers at all, I asked him if they popped and he said his little finger did but it was "fixed". It looked swollen and the nurse, said he told her the same thing but he just refused to let her look, he just kept telling her it fixed itself it fixed itself it just hurts!.. So I'm not sure what we were dealing with. He did not use the hand that day (Tuesday) and still would not bend those two fingers on Wednesday. We soaked them in some warm water and did some exercises and he seemed to feel better about that and then taped the two together since he was guarding them so much. He did end up with a small bruised area around the joint but today hes got all of his motion back so I'm not overally concerned. So goes our journey.

After Physical Therapy today, I'm going to Pokeys class to have cupcakes with them, they do not have school tomorrow so we get to celebrate his birthday today! Tomorrow I I'm going to grill the urologist about the kidney stones during my follow appointment, what the heck is going on! We are going to dinner with my grandparents tomorrow night to the Black Angus...Yum...Grandpa turned 80 on Monday and Pokey...who has grandpas name as his middle name ( Marion ) like I said will be 5 so it will be a dual bday dinner.

Please keep Grandma Julie, Melissa, Eithene,Carrie, Noah and Elise in your thoughts...and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment