Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gone Fishing


Well Friday night on a whim we decided ..Lets go fishing...so we did. We got there..(to our property that is) about 10:30 and settled in for the night. Fishing began promptly the next morning. I was all about the powerbait this weekend...I have my rainbow (with sparkles) and my pink "Betty Balls"so I was set. Pokeys Dad was using worms and Pokey well he didnt really want to fish he just wanted to talk to us and play with the net. So the "derby" began. I have to say, I was hot...I could not go all the way around the lake without a bite...I was on FIRE! I even had a nice bite...one of those ones you talk about....the one that got right up to the boat...the took a dive...and took my gear with it! Oh I wanted revenge..... Pokeys Dad on the other hand could not get the hang of things, we would get one here or there but not like I was.... We went out twice yesterday, enjoyed a ride into town for a rootbeer float and just relaxed. This morning after a long wait we decided to go for it once more before heading home... Sure enough Pokeys Dad managed to get a 5 pound lunker out of the lake! He was beaming from ear to ear! Pokey was hooting and I was just praying we got the thing into the net before it too...got away! We Had a great time and I was glad we made the last minute decision to go, I think we need to do more of that!...Hey the Big Fish didnt hurt either.
Im Praying for Pablos Family; May they find peace somewhere in this time of loss, For my Friend Melissa; May her doctors figure out whats going on, For a safe trip, For my claim, for insurance.
Im Hopeful for tomorrow, a fun fourth of July, for Pokeys sleep pattern to return to normal! =)
Im Thankful for my job, Pokey, Late night trips to the lake.
Mommy Zebra / Gumby

No comments:

Post a Comment